Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tastes of Fall

We turned on our furnace today so I suppose that means fall is really here. It's not that I'm in denial, I actually enjoy fall time, but it's suddenly more upon me than I realized. 

Other things that signify fall has arrived:
  • A closet full of "new" clothes (more like I forgot I had those sweaters from last year)
  • Having to wear a coat outside
  • A box of scarves, hats, and gloves beside the door
  • Gorgeous changing leaves
  • A need for warm tea during the day
  • Frost on my car windshield in the early mornings going to work 
  • A sudden longing for stews and soups 
  • Store shelves stocked with Halloween candy and yes, Christmas decorations already
  • Prolonged thinking about the cycles of life and nature -- how things die and lie dormant through the winter only to be greeted again by new life in the springtime 
Going along with some of those things, here are a few favorite fall photos. 

Beautiful changing leaves on Crooked Lake in Angola

Good friends are always in season. Taylor girls weekend away in Angola

My first stew of the season -- a new recipe called Hearty Butternut Squash Stew made with apples, butternut squash, and leftover pork. It was really good and hearty

My VERY happy husband eating his new favorite butternut squash stew. He loved it. Gosh it's nice to have a husband who loves my cooking! I know there's a lot more to a marriage, but that definitely helps. :) 

Our friendly front door pumpkin from Victory Acres Farm

The yummy apples on our front yard tree

1 comment:

Transition Woman said...

This is a great post, i love all the color on urban street. and... i love your pumpkin. mine was mysteriously taken, and we're finding peices of him everywhere. very sad:)