Monday, April 20, 2009

Things I will not miss....

I'm feeling a little discouraged today about our impending move to Bloomington so I thought to make myself feel better I'd write a list of things I will NOT miss when we move. (As most of you know lists are like therapy for me.... :)

In no particular order:
  • The really awful paper towels in my work bathroom
  • The voice of the radio host on our local NPR station. Seriously, it's grating.
  • Our front screen door that slams so hard and always makes me jump
  • The kid (and yes, I think he really is maybe 17) who comes to work to fix my computer. He's creepy and always makes my office smell like cigarette smoke
  • Not having a window in my office. (No guarantee on this one in my next job, but hey, a girl can have hopes)
  • 7:30 am meetings
  • The way our house heats in the winter & not having AC in the summer. And the bill that comes with our heating costs
  • How it always takes us so long to get somewhere because we live so far from most things (actually having Target so far away has probably saved us a lot of money...)
  • The Indiana winters (ok, this one is a stretch because we'll still be in Indiana. BUT, I'm hoping the winters will be slightly milder in southern Indiana....maybe? I hope)

Clearly, this is not an exhaustive list and I'm not even sure I feel better because it actually made me think of all the things I really will miss.....but I'll save that for another post when I'm feeling more positive about moving.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is really funny! Good idea!

Ash