Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Camry Milestone

For a few weeks now Rob and I have been watching the miles on my Camry creep closer and closer to 200,000. It's a pretty big milestone in the life of a car so Rob and I planned if at all possible to be together for the big event and take pictures. 

On Thursday night it was after 10 and I was brushing my teeth and very excited about going to bed when Rob asked me how close the miles were to 200,000. I hadn't been watching so I guessed we had about 50 miles to go. Rob went out to check and came back in declaring (with great exclamation) that we only had 8 miles to go! So I put on my glasses and decided that we had to drive to the next town over, Matthews, and experience the blessed event together. 

So off we went and ended up driving around, up and down the same street three times at one point, until the 199,999 rolled over to 200,000 miles like a new baby. We got really excited and pulled over to take a few photos. 


Then we got home and realized we didn't take any photos of the two of us celebrating....so we went to bed. I'll let you know when we hit 300,000. :) 

2 comments:

Amanda Seibert said...

lol, i love this! now that i remember, you and your brothers were the ones to first introduce me to "happy minutes" (11:11), which i'm now obsessed with. :-) happy minutes and 200,000 mile parties... i would have totally been celebrating with you!

Noel and Ashley said...

WAIT a SECOND! Did I tell you we did the same thing - as in - take pictures to post?
Wow