Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superbowl!

It always seems like I'm a bit late in posting things that are happening in our life, but oh well, when you only have one computer and your husband does homework on it most of the time, delays are to be expected.

I had these fun Superbowl photos that I wanted to post so here goes. Not as many as I would like (I always forget to take photos of things I want to -- ie food I made -- until after it's eaten!) but oh well.

We had a pretty chill Superbowl with our friends Bethany and Andrew over for dinner and the game. Of course we were cheering hard for the Colts, but it was not to be this year. At the beginning of the game I even said it would be fun for it to be a close game (at this point we were expecting a Colts blow-out victory) but later when Rob was all tense and the Saints were ahead he said, "Is this close enough for you?" And it was too close and then too late for it to be fun anymore.

But we still had a good time and ate yummy food and talked. I made this really good homemade pizza with shrimp, lime and cilantro. You can find the recipe here. I also made this dip that was a bit like guacamole, but it had tomatillos (green tomatoes) in it. Delicious! That recipe is here. Bethany brought her famous ginger cookies with pumpkin dip which were also a big hit. (Sorry, no recipe for those).

Here are some pictures from our fun party - (minus the food of course - we gobbled that up!)

Rob helping make the food in his Colts apron he got for Christmas.

Ok, we didn't realize how creepy this photo was until after we took it -- look at the TV! Weird. Who is that guy? No idea.

So we took another one that is a little better and not so creepy.

The gang hanging out. They are not "super" fans like us with our jerseys, but we let them in anyways.

There's always next year Colts!

1 comment:

Transition Woman said...

You're so funny - super fans! And hey - you look different for some reason - not sure why, your skin...did you go south recently? I don't know. hmmm. You look good.