Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My New Favorite

Hi everyone! Long time no post. Sometimes I just run out of things to say (imagine that!) or I think I want to blog about something and then it passes and life goes on. Oh well, thanks for sticking with me on this boring ole' blog.

Today though, I do have something to say about a new food blog I found that I want to share with you. A girl at work sent a recipe around from it and when I discovered the blog I was hooked. So here's my endorsement (I'm not being paid in cake or anything to tell you about her) for Joy the Baker.

Hello yum.

You will be hooked too. So far I've made her Lemon Whoopie Pies and her Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting. Both times I scored major points with Rob (not that I'm keeping score -- I actually made both things as special treats when he was having a hard time finishing up his semester) and basically secured these two recipes into the Bedinghaus Family Recipe Hall of Fame. Which is something I'm starting asap.

Not only does she make great desserts (she makes other stuff too) and post gorgeous pictures of them, but she's funny and is funny about food and I like that. Frankly I don't really have a sweet tooth so I barely eat any of the stuff I make, but it's fun to try new things and make stuff for the sweet tooth man I'm married to.

Who by the way, finished his first year of grad school today! I couldn't be more proud. He officially wrote 71 pages of papers in the past two weeks and worked his little butt off. I have never seen him work so hard (except maybe when he was wooing me :) and it really paid off. Now he gets to take four months off for some well deserved rest and serious hang out time with his pregnant wife who missed him.

Life is good. And Joy the Baker is pretty darn good too. If you try one of her recipes and it turns out as well as my two did, please share. Rob asked me yesterday what we're making next from Joy the Baker. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: