Saturday, July 10, 2010

Husband Bragging

We're back home again for a bit in the midst of our whirlwind summer. It seems like forever since I've written on here, mostly because we are having a very full summer. But our traveling has been great -- nothing like going to the hot beach in June (even a New Jersey beach) and spending lots of great quality time with family and friends.

But we're here now, cleaning out our apartment and getting ready for our next move on August 5th. I'm seriously asking myself, didn't we just do this? Oh right, we did, about a year ago...and I wasn't pregnant then. Oh and we're *obsessively* and watching Lost which we never got in to until now.

I could write a blog post about our trip, but posting photos on Facebook is about as far as I will get I think. Too much to say! So instead, today I wanted to brag on my husband for a moment and tell a classic Rob story that is sure to be remembered forever (by me anyways).

We decided on Thursday to go on a date to a local winery, pack a picnic and spend some quality time together. We're gearing up for our trip in about a week out to Napa so we (ie. Rob - I'm still pregnant here and wine is off limits unfortunately for me) thought it would be good to do a little practice run at the free wine tasting this winery has. On our way there I mentioned how I wished we had chocolate milk to go with our picnic. Call it a pregnancy craving perhaps, but in that moment chocolate milk just sounded so delicious. But we didn't have any money so we didn't stop and I (almost) forgot about chocolate milk.

We had a great picnic and Rob had a nice wine tasting, but it was pretty hard for me to stand there and watch him drink wine when I really wanted some and couldn't have any. Frankly, it didn't put me in the best mood for Napa because I realized this trip might be harder than I anticipated. I was a little cranky when we got home, so I laid down to take a nap and when I woke up, Rob was gone and so was our car. I didn't think much of it until he walked back into our apartment with his hands behind his back and a mischievous smile on his face. He made me close my eyes and when I opened them he was standing there with two half gallons of rich, delicious, pudding like chocolate milk from Kroger.

Turns out, while I was sleeping he went through the mail and saw in the Kroger circular that their chocolate milk was on sale 10 for $10. So my precious husband went through our spare change jar and counted out twenty dimes (he didn't even dip into our laundry quarters like I've been known to do...) and went off to Kroger to buy me chocolate milk.

The best part though? He served me some in a wine glass. :)

2 comments:

Amanda Seibert said...

aww, so cute! this made me smile. it's the little things, huh? hope you guys are having a great summer!

Ashley said...

Now this is why I like Rob so much. These stories are so good. They remind me of the sweet and salty granola bar gestures:) Its thoughtfulness like that that makes a relationship great:)