Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Liam | 6 Months

Liam turned six months on Sunday. Whew! Where does time go? I recently read an article declaring the first few months of your baby's life to be the "longest, shortest time." I really think that is so true. Some days, especially in the beginning, seem never ending, but then suddenly your baby is six months old and growing like crazy.

These are fun days for us. Liam is so curious about the world and very observant. Today we stood at the window and looked out and he watched every bird go by and was very focused on what was happening outside. Usually he doesn't sit still long enough to do that, but today it was very interesting to him.

He is also starting to move a lot more. Not crawling yet, but it is amazing how far he can get by rolling, turning in circles on his belly and scooting forward. He hasn't quite mastered pushing himself up on his hands and his knees at the same time - usually it's one or the other - but he is working on it. Today he rolled himself all the way into a corner and I found him chewing on a lamp cord...yikes. He is such a busy boy that I can only imagine what life will be like when he starts crawling!

We were at the doctor on Friday and he officially weighs 16.5 pounds (25% percentile) and is 27 inches long (75% percentile). He is so long and skinny, but the doctor said he is very healthy and that is normal for active babies like him. He also said our skinny family genes might be coming in to play by now too.

He has moved on to eating more than just rice cereal. His diet now includes breast milk, baby oatmeal and peas. He wasn't so sure about peas at first, but he seems to like them ok now. We're hoping to start introducing more foods in the next few weeks or so. He is a champion eater though that is for sure.

It is so fun to watch Liam grow up and see his personality develop. His temperment has evened out so much and he really is a happy, chatty baby most of the time. He giggles at being tickled and almost anything Rob does to him. He adores Rob and gets a huge smile whenever Rob comes around. He has also started drumming with Rob and actually copied the exact beats Rob showed him the other day. It was pretty neat. He already loves music so we try to have music on or be singing to him when we are at home. He apparently doesn't mind that I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

I'm sharing this weekend at our women's retreat about God's faithfulness to me to allow me to be a mother and as I'm writing what I plan to say I'm reminded of the journey I've been on to get to this place of loving my husband and my child. It's not easy every day, but it's worth it and it's a good life. I wouldn't trade this season for anything and I'm so thankful for it.

Here are a few recent photos:

We had to be sneaky about where the 6 month sign went because if it was anywhere near him he wanted to put it in his mouth. Obviously because everything goes into his mouth.

I'm a drool face baby.

"Ok, seriously, can you guys be done already?"

I sent my mom some photos of my tulips out front today because she helped me plant the bulbs back in October when I was days aways from giving birth. Liam had to jump in for a photo.

1 comment:

Transition Woman said...

Yeah! I so look forward to these posts! I'll be posting Mae's two month one next week!
I love the pic of him with tulips!