Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Fun Weekend

This past weekend we had the pleasure of participating in a bridal shower for my brother Luke's fiancé, Logan. Logan and her family live up in Fort Wayne so Saturday we loaded up the car and made the trek north. We would have gone no matter what, but as an added bonus, my mom flew in from Philadelphia on Friday night and my brother Ben and his fiancé Heidi came over from Ohio as well. We hadn't seen Luke since Liam was born in October and we hadn't seen Ben and Heidi since Christmas. It was wonderful to be together, even if it was a short day. We did however, bring mom back with us Saturday night and she stayed until Sunday afternoon when her flight home left. As always, it was a treat to have her here and our time together was too short.

Sharing this weekend with my family and my sisters-to-be made me anticipate with even more excitement their upcoming weddings this summer. I am so thankful to be welcoming such lovely, godly young women into our family and I know they will make excellent wives to my brothers.

All the past, present and future Yoder women at the shower. Plus Liam, who is half Yoder.

Liam "helping" Logan open gifts. Lounging around is more like it.

Plastic spoons are way better than toys or gifts

Spending some quality time with Grammy Love

All of us together, but we were definitely missing dad!

Silly uncle Luke

Rob was messing around with the fish eye setting our new camera...

Liam was so excited to be up and "walking", but his pants were too long so Grammy Love hiked them up and tucked his tie into his pants. He's an old man already.

I know I'm biased, but he is a cutie.

No comments: