Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Pennsylvania Visit

When Rob got his first credit card in 2004 he never realized that it would take him approximately a million years (ok, seven years) to earn enough points to get ONE free airline ticket. That goes to show how little we use our credit card too. But we finally got almost enough points and since it was only one ticket, we decided we would use it for me and Liam to fly out to Pennsylvania and see my parents for a long weekend.

Our visit started off great because my mom had Thursday off from school for the Jewish new year of all things. We celebrated by shopping and getting pedicures. Then, on Thursday night my cousin Andrew and his wife Amanda flew in from Seattle on an east coast tour. They used my parents house as "home base" as they visited Philadelphia and Lancaster. This was the first we met Amanda and we really enjoyed getting to know her.

Our trip also coincided with my mom's annual weekend in Ocean City, NJ with her sisters and nieces. She and her three sisters and one sister-in-law had a "sisters beach weekend" for years and they always had a rule that once any other woman in our family turned 40 she could come along. Well, considering how many women there are in our family and how many of them have years to go until they are 40, (me) they did away with the rule and now any woman in the family can come. It is such a fun weekend and I was thankful I got to go along. We rented a house for the weekend and filled it up to the brim with laughter and lots of fun. The weather was actually nice too so that was a bonus. I packed a lot of long sleeves and sweaters for us and we were hot on Saturday. Liam did great all weekend and seemed to have a good time too. It is really special for him to get to spend time with grammy and pops. The time always goes so fast and I always cry when I say goodbye to my mom, but Lord willing, we will see them again at Christmas and the fall will go quickly.

Apparently my camera only knows how to take photos of Liam...but here are some from the weekend.

Hanging out with grammy

The beach in October; goldenrod blooms on the dunes. Who knew?

"I'll just climb up here..."

"Or give you a cheeser smile!"

I love this one. Liam loved walking on the beach, stopping to pick up things and explore along the way.

Focused on walking

Apparently Liam was too hungry to smile for a photo; he'll just eat his sleeve.

No comments: