Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snowy Ski Weekend

This past weekend we journeyed to western Maryland for a ski weekend with my family at Wisp mountain. We went there two years ago, which happened to be the time we announced to everyone that we were pregnant with Liam, so that was a fun memory to have. This weekend is becoming a tradition for our family and a good way to see everyone at a time we normally would not. It is a far drive for us, eight hours one way, but worth it. Both my brothers and their wives came in, along with my parents and my cousin Kristal and her husband from Washington DC.

We weren't sure what to expect with the weather, but snow moved in Friday night and it ended up snowing all day Saturday and into Sunday. The mountain got about 11 inches of fresh snow which was lovely to ski in, but the day was COLD. With the wind chill it was definitely down in single digits. Thankfully we all had enough warm clothes and ski goggles or it would have been really miserable.

Ben shoveling us out

The whole group minus Rob and Liam

Since I didn't get to ski two years ago, Rob was kind to let me take the first skiing shift while he stayed back at the house with Liam. After lunch I stayed back while Liam napped and then in the late afternoon my mom took a turn and Rob and I got to do one run together. (Which "happened" to be a black diamond Rob thought was a blue square...I only fell once on that hill so I didn't hold it against him.)

It felt great to get back to skiing and I realized I had missed it. We certainly don't do much of that in Indiana! It was also fun to spend time with my family and relax with them. We ended the weekend on a sad note with dad getting the stomach bug and Rob thinking he was getting it so I had to drive most of the way home Sunday. He didn't get it thankfully, but some other family members did and that wasn't pleasant.

I only have a few pictures, but I'm sure Ben and Logan will post some more as they are better about having their cameras with them.

Mom set a pretty Valentine's table for dinner on Saturday

Papa and Liam hanging out with books, a favorite pastime of Liam's.

Ben and Heidi wiped out after skiing.

No comments: