Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catching Up!

How is it possible that a month has passed for this sad blog?! No way around it, it has. May is here in its lovely glory and we are right in the thick of it.
I spent most of April working to pull off a kids consignment sale at our church. This is my third year on the committee and I love it. It is so much work, but we have a great team and they're my friends so it's fun to work together. The sale goes on for three days and I think I worked over 40 hours. We made over $13,000, 30 percent of which goes to our moms group at church. I sold a few things, but spent more than I made, but oh well, I got some cute things for Liam. 


After the sale, I attempted to recover by spending an entire Sunday afternoon sleeping, but then it was back to real life. Liam and I spend a lot of time outside at the park, hanging out with friends, reading and playing. Rob finished his semester last week and we enjoyed a few days of family time before he went back to school on Tuesday for the first summer session. He is teaching a Spanish class and taking a French class for his own requirements. This teaching assignment was truly God's blessing to us as it will fill the gap in what Rob gets paid during the year while still giving him July and August off. We're already looking forward to our family travels later in the summer. 


We also had the joy of having my mom visit Friday through Sunday. It was a quick trip, but we packed it full and had a lot of fun. Liam loved having her around and they spent a lot of time playing together and taking funny videos. We hadn't seen mom since February so it was great to have her here. 


In the midst of all this I came round to this century and got an iPhone. We debated for a long time about it, but in the end it seemed like the right thing to do. It doesn't add very much to our bill, but it gives me great opportunity to do face time with our moms and send lots of videos and photos to them. I'm slowly learning my way around it, but am enjoying it. In fact, all the pictures posted here are from my phone and Instagram. It's fun to have neat ways to take pictures when we're out and about. 


So here goes! And stay tuned, hopefully May will bring more time for blogging... 


Mama and Liam waiting for Grammy after dinner on Saturday 

If you remember from our wedding, peonies are my absolute favorite flower and they are currently blooming everywhere. We found an elusive peony farm here in town where you could pick a dozen peonies for $4.50! Mom and I were in heaven. 

Messing around with Instagram. Leftover sheep salt and pepper shakers from Easter and my favorite clock

Someone found an empty flour bag....good thing it was {almost} empty! 

Favorite bathtime activity -- papa and the guitar 

Liam's new look -- funny face! 

Bubbles! 
More pretty peonies to go with my plate wall 
Hipster in baby aviators 
Hanging out with Grammy and her phone with videos of Liam 
Watching the diggers! Any kind of digger, bulldozer, cement truck, bus, etc. is a huge hit with Liam. Someone needs to make a parents manual of the real names of these vehicles. We drive around town and I hear myself saying things like, "Liam, look at the big lifter thing." 

No comments: