Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Day In the Life {Instagram Style}

It seems like Instagram is everywhere these days. In order to learn it a bit better I decided to borrow an idea I've seen on many blogs, taking a photo every hour through a normal day and then posting them. It was strange to me to set an alarm on the hour beginning at 7 am and then taking lots of pictures all day. I don't normally do that and it felt very self-centered, but as a learning experience (and a way to share our daily life) it worked pretty well. I didn't always take the picture on the hour, but tried at least to capture one during the hour. 

Enjoy! 

Oh and if you want follow me on Instagram, find me at katemorganb. 

Waking up. Usually happy and glad to see mama in the mornings.


Breakfast! Oatmeal and blueberries and lots of swirling the milk with a spoon.

By no doing from us, Liam loves his baby story Bible. I think I read it (the titles on each page, not every story) at least five times today. 

We had to get three Father's Day cards and a wedding shower card today which involves a trip to Hallmark. Also known as the most tempting store ever for a toddler. Cards to pull out of every slot right at my level? Yes please and thank you. 

We had our first summer mom's play group from church at the park today. After a rainy day yesterday it was wonderful to be out in the sun playing and talking to my friends. 

We're fish sitting for our friends this week. Liam is fascinated by the fish and here is waving to it since it was "waving" it's fins at him. 

Our post office is a nightmare. This is me fifteenth in line when I got there. I avoid it at all costs, but really needed to mail some things today. Thankfully Rob was home so I went during naptime as waiting in line here with Liam is about ten times worse than Hallmark

I'm not sure how I've lived so long without Rally's fries. I had to go to the post office and conveniently had a coupon for free fries right next door. Treat! It took major self-control to save a few for Rob. 

Liam uncharacteristically took about the longest nap of his life today, so we treated with popsicles after naptime. He only wants the green freeze pops and is getting pretty good at sucking the juice and ice pieces out.

Rob picking lettuce from our garden for supper. It never ceases to amaze me that such delicious things come from tiny seeds!

After supper we read Liam's baby Bible together, our big Bible and practice Liam's catechism questions.

We usually walk around our neighborhood in the evenings and since we know many people who live here, we often run into friends. In this case, Caleb. He's Liam's bud and is just learning to crawl so bushes are very interesting!

Snuggling with mama and Bow Wow (his dog lovie) before bed is one of the best parts of our day.  

Ending the day with our new favorite show, Psych.


Last shot before bed - necessities - glasses, chapstick, monitor, kleenex and alarm set for the morning.

No comments: