Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving

Is it even worth posting these pictures and thoughts about Thanksgiving? Perhaps not, but oh well, this is my life. I've already moved on to making lists and things on Shutterfly for Christmas presents.

But, I would be remiss to not mention the fun we had over Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania. We made the trek on Tuesday and stayed until Sunday. Wednesday I made over 300 cookies for my dad's open house, which was fun. Thursday we were at my aunt's house all day. She makes the most fabulous meal, something different every year. It was a treat and a joy to be there. Friday we spent time at the open house and then had dinner and a cookie decorating party in the evening with friends. Saturday we went back down to my aunt's house for our annual wreath making day with the women in my mom's family. Saturday night Rob and I went out {on a date!} to see Skyfall. Sunday we drove all day back home. Whew! What a trip. In the midst of that Liam played and played and played with toys at Grammy's house and had an all-around fantastic time too. 

I love Thanksgiving for the reminder it is to be grateful for the many, many good gifts God gives to us. It also exhorts me to remember that every day there are equal opportunities to be thankful for the wonderful, ordinary blessings of life. 

Commence photos to prove all that really happened... 


Trays and trays of my dad's favorite cookies, Butterscotch Oatmeal. 

Playing, playing

The beautiful table at my aunt's house for Thanksgiving

Liam and Grammy reading after eating.

Some of dad's pots at the open house 



Bowls of icing waiting for cookies

You should see the creativity that flowed from this group...

I thought Liam would really enjoy this process, but he did a few cookies and wandered off to play. Of course he ate every one he decorated. 

The finished product + good friends. I've known Adam and Lydia since birth. Now that we're all married, it is even more fun to spend time together. 

This is the wreath my aunt made for Liam's room {yellow + gray!}. It is hanging on his door and is pretty adorable. 

One of my five (!) finished wreaths. I could not believe I made so many this year. I'll have pictures of the final ones hanging at my house, plus I'm planning to do a tutorial on how to make these, so stay tuned! 

The whole wreath making group. Aunts. Cousins. Sisters. Nieces. And a brother. Love. 

No comments: