Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Birthday, A Graduation, A Shower...and Then Some...


We had a whirlwind weekend in Cincinnati that was super busy and super fun along the way. We started out with a birthday celebration for our soon to be brother-in-law Ryan on Friday evening. Saturday we were all up very early for a military commissioning ceremony for Rob's cousin Ross who graduated from Miami University and is heading off to Navy Seals training in June. It was a cold, misty, outdoor ceremony so I was under a blanket with Liam not taking any pictures. Later, on Saturday evening Kayla and I hosted a personal shower for Lauren with a group of her girlfriends. Sunday was Mother's Day so we had church and brunch with the family before Lauren and I headed off to a friend's baby shower in the afternoon. Whew, I was ready to go home by the end of all that! 

We had a great time seeing everyone we did and celebrating many fun things, especially for Lauren and Ryan and their upcoming wedding. 

In the midst of all that I was remembering where we were a year ago with our miscarriage over Mother's Day weekend. There were some sad moments, but mostly it was sweet to feel this baby kicking around inside me and be thankful for him. The Lord was very kind to use my trial to help a friend who also miscarried early in her pregnancy over the weekend. She remembered that we went through the same thing and called me to talk. I was able to share what helped me and also pray with her. I felt like the whole experience came full circle and that was a healing moment for me. I think Mother's Day will always be bittersweet for me considering how blessed I am on one hand and to still miss the child we have in heaven on the other hand. 

But, like I said, the whole thing makes me thankful that my body is able to bear and have children and that the Lord is so kind to continue to give us children at all. 

And here are a few photos from the weekend. (Sidenote: Blogger is not being kind to the photos I upload from my iPhone. They look terrible on here! If anyone has any idea why this is happening and how to fix it, I would appreciate the feedback.) 

During the shower on Saturday, Rob and his dad took Liam out to a real golf course for the first time. He had his little set of clubs and apparently had a great time. I was glad Rob had our camera to get a few pictures. 

Riding in a golf cart with a snack. Does life get any better than that? 

Lining up the shot...

Rob had so many pictures like this! Apparently Liam was very particular (big surprise there!) about getting the ball on the tee and spent a lot of time bent over attempting that feat of coordination. 

I was very disappointed that my peony plant was not blooming in time for the shower. But Trader Joe's came through and I was able to get some pretty white flowers instead. This was for the shower food table, but before the tablecloth went on. 

Sisters! 

Lauren introduced me to Kathryn when we first moved to Bloomington and we were immediate friends. She and her husband now live in Minnesota, so we were quite blessed to have her come in for the shower. They are expecting their first baby in July so we were at her baby shower on Sunday afternoon. 

I loved that our babies got to "meet!" 

Mother's Day brunch with the Bedinghaus women 

And with my THREE best guys! Happy Mother's Day to me! 

No comments: