Monday, July 21, 2008

A Spanish Chicago Weekend



Jose Pepe, Rob, and Kike playing with "willies" in a Chicago gift shop

So after some miscommunication about where to meet up Rob finally got to see them and talk in Spanish to his hearts' content. His friends were pretty excited to be in the US for the first time, marveling at the huge cars Americans drive, the food at Rainforest Cafe they claimed was too spicy, and everything and anything having to do with the White Sox. They thought America was pretty cool. Rob tried to tell them that we lived in a very different place than Chicago; a place with lots of cornfields and spread out land, but we don't think they quite got the picture. Rob promised the next time they came to visit they could come and stay with us provided we're still living in Indiana. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Kike and Jose Pepe which probably was a good thing considering I don't speak any Spanish. I guess we'll just have to go visit them in Sevilla sometime. :) 

Overall a good weekend visiting with those guys and staying with Ash and Noel. I had my first Argo Tea experience too which was definitely a highlight minus the neighborhood frat party that was going on. It's always good to be with friends, but it's even better to come home again. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

My name!
YES! I have arrived!