Monday, August 4, 2008

A domestic god and goddess

As part of our weekly share in our local CSA farm (more about that in another post but check out their website at www.victoryacres.org if you're interested in a local CSA farm) Rob and I received a head of cabbage.

Being the domestic goddess that I am, I obviously had no idea what to make with a head of cabbage. But determined not to waste such a pretty vegetable, I looked up cabbage in one of my cookbooks and found a recipe for shredded cabbage with old fashioned dressing. Right... whatever that means.

But Rob and I persevered and after staining my hands purple shredding the cabbage and Rob getting a good laugh that his dressing was turning into an omelette at the bottom of the saucepan, we produced a semblance of a coleslaw salad that was actually pretty good. It grew on us as we ate it with the rest of our dinner.







1 comment:

Ashley said...

See, now aren't these the great things in life to record and remember?!