Monday, September 22, 2008

Indiana = Landlocked

Last time I checked Indiana was still a landlocked state. Ok, granted, we do have the lovely Mississnewa River, but definitely no oceans. 

So you can imagine how I found so much humor in a billboard in downtown Marion today. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of it, but this logo will have to do. 


Yup, there's Ariel, the beautiful red headed Disney mermaid princess (wearing a very scandalous bathing suit if I do say so myself) telling Marion, Indiana (still landlocked) to keep our oceans clean from a very large billboard that last week had a picture of a McDonalds breakfast burrito on it. Oceans? Seriously? My guess is that a very, very large part of our community has never even seen an ocean. 

I don't know why I found this billboard so humorous today. And I will admit I did go visit their website, but only because I knew I wanted to blog about this absurdity. It was just so out of place and so funny! 

I understand their message is to tell people to keep our streams and rivers clean because they eventually flow to the ocean, but that ocean is still really far away! 

Thanks Ariel. Keep up the good work in Marion.   

1 comment:

Traci said...

I'm laughing. I've been meaning to blog about this sign for a while so there must be TWO signs in Marion now! I share your same sentiments :)