Monday, September 8, 2008

Terms of Endearment

The cashier at Wendy's today called me "kiddo" twice. "Here's your water kiddo." 

Wow. I can usually handle "sweetie" or "hon" but "kiddo"? Do I really look that young?  Nothing against her -- I'm pretty sure she did not mean to offend me and really, she didn't. Not very much anyways. Hey, maybe it's a compliment the week before I turn 24. I am after all getting older and perhaps one day I will appreciate being called "kiddo". 

Eh -- I guess it's kinda an Indiana thing for people who don't know each other to use terms of endearment like that. I suppose. Oh well. It was funny and it was a good story to tell Rob later. He was quick to remind me though that when he calls me "baby" it's a much younger term of endearment.....

1 comment:

Transition Woman said...

I get the kiddo thing as well. I love terms of endearment. I do not prefer kiddo:)
( and by the way, not to turn this into a gender thing...but I wonder if males get this term nearly as much as young females do?)