Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seriously...? Frozen pipes again?

The current temperature in Upland Indiana is -5.8 degrees. (On the same cold note Lauren, my sister-in-law, is here eating ice cream. The true sign of an ice cream fanatic for sure.)

I suppose extreme temps like this can only mean one thing in our household -- frozen pipes again....although this time it's just our hot shower pipe. We have hot and cold water coming out of all our other faucets. 

So, it seems like we're saying, "here we go again!" I'm asking for your prayers -- not so much for us -- we can deal without hot water, but really for our landlords who are missionaries and don't have much money to pay for another round with the plumber. They've already asked their supporting church to help pay for the first time. This is not what they want to be dealing with. 

On another much more happy note I'm really excited that our friends Chrissie and Kirk had their baby today! Elijah Philip Duncan came into the world around 4:30 today at 8 lbs. 6 oz. Both mom and baby are doing great. I told Rob seeing him might make me want my own little one..... :) 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey woman - oh NO! pipe issues! And not the drug kind-- this is the worst!

Kirk and Chrissie said...

I hope the pipe thing worked out for you guys! And trust me, after you meet Elijah this weekend, you are going to get baby fever! He can't wait to meet you!