Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Rob's first day of school. He didn't actually have any of his grad classes, but he did teach his first class, Spanish 105 at 2:30. Here he is, the excellent Professor Rob on his way to school. Isn't he so handsome? :)

In case you were wondering, I did not have to pack or walk his lunch to him today. He ate before he left. More importantly, in case you were wondering, his class went great. He said some people didn't understand anything he was saying since he has to speak entirely in Spanish (I would definitely be in that camp!), but others were great at participating. This class is actually cramming an entire year's worth of Spanish into one semester so they can't waste any time. Typically, I expected the first day of class to be mainly going over the syllabus, but no, he actually had to teach a lesson today. No time to waste in Rob's class! He worked so hard to get everything ready and organized, going so far as to memorize most of the students' names and faces since he could see them online before class.

I should probably stop blogging and let him tell the rest of the day on his blog, http://mexispanolicano.blogspot.com/. You should check it out if you haven't already. Needless to say it was a good day and I'm really proud of my teacher husband!

1 comment:

Lori said...

That picture makes me laugh because I did that every year with the kids hahaha! So funny...lookin' good bud! Love you both!