Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fun Fall

I've been saving up some photos to do a "fall" post and I guess with today being the first day of November, this is the day! We spent a beautiful afternoon in the local "wilderness" with our good friends Bethany and Andrew so I thought I'd put some pictures up from that and some other things we've done this fall in and around Bloomington.

We've only been to one IU men's soccer game this season, but we hope to go to at least one more. At this game they gave out free IU hats!

The gorgeous sunset over the soccer field

Bethany & Andrew

We went with Bethany & Andrew again to an apple orchard. There, we ran into this goofy kid who apparently loves carmel apples

Oh wait, I love that goofy kid & carmel apples too

Apparently we were to late in the season to actually go out in the orchard so we had a fun time finding a way to set up the timer on our camera and catch this picture

Sunglass girls!

It was windy and sunny - not good picture taking weather

Rob and Andrew were very sad the orchard was roped off

Ok, this isn't Bloomington, but we spent a fun weekend in Cincinnati at Rob's high school homecoming weekend. Here we are at the football game

Kayla all dressed up for the Homecoming dance. The theme was the Wizard of Oz so all the senior girls were supposed to wear red shoes....

I've honestly never seen so many different pairs of red shoes in one place! Also, all these girls rode on the party bus behind them....oh the joys of high school.... :)

Me and one of my favorite sisters

Sunday morning we had a Bedinghaus family tradition of going to Irons Fruit Farm. I don't think this photo is in the running for the family Christmas card picture, but it's still cute

The winning pumpkin and gourd

I accidentally sat in a mushy pumpkin and Kayla put her shoe in one too. We're matching. Unfortunately my butt looked more like I pooped myself. And yes, it did eventually come out in the wash!

Today we went to the Charles Deam Wilderness (Rob initially thought it was called the Deep Wilderness) which is part of the Hoosier National Forest. Bethany and Andrew knew of an old fire tower there that we could climb and see pretty far. We missed all the beautiful leaves by about a week, but it was still pretty. This is a shot from the top.

The day was so clear and perfect for being there.

The cars down below.


Starbucks makes it even to the deep wilderness. This was on our hike after we came down from the tower. On our way back the cup was gone so thankfully someone else properly disposed of the Starbucks trash

The fearless hikers in the gathering dusk. We could definitely find Andrew anywhere in that vest!

So there's some of our fall adventures. I just noticed that I'm wearing the same sweatshirt in most of these pictures...maybe it's a favorite? Yes, I think so. More photos to come I'm sure! And now it's starting to be more winter we can only have even more winter adventures....

No comments: