Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How Rob is Spending His Break

Today I was at work and Rob texted me to say he had a surprise for me when I came home from work. Naturally I was intrigued and begged for clues, but all he said was "it's not a nice surprise. it's more of a haha just to make you laugh surprise." My only guess was that he had shaved his chest hair into some pattern, but he told me that was wrong, but a good idea. I wouldn't put it past him.

My boss let me leave work early today (yay for Christmas break until Jan. 4th!) so when Rob picked me up he was practically beside himself with excitement to show me his surprise. I offered another lame guess that he was going to show me a YouTube video, but again I was shot down. When we got home he shut himself in the office to make one change to his surprise and then called me in.

Upon entering the office I was told to close my eyes and then get ready for "Bedinghaus Family Karaoke" which did immediately start me laughing. Rob turned on his "karaoke" and I was greeted with my least favorite worship song of all time, "Come, Now is the Time to Worship" scrolling across a powerpoint slide. I should note here that he specifically picked that song for "karaoke" because my dislike for it is so strong he thought that would make it even more funny. Which is true - it was quite hilarious. So the words are scrolling to instrumental music in the background which Rob quickly informed me he'd recorded all himself on his tiny electric keyboard that hooks up to our computer. I wish you could hear this - seriously - it's amazing (even if it is my least favorite song). He figured out the whole song and managed to even have a guitar solo coming out of a keyboard. Yea, I don't know how that happens either. The song ended with a tribute to Trans-Siberian Orchestra guitar shredding (we saw their show on Friday night) and Rob almost falling over in our office because he was playing his air guitar so hard. Seriously, this is what I live with. And I love it. I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face.

**Disclaimer: I will also say in his defense that he did accomplish a lot of other things today on his break and he does not spend all his time recording random songs. It's his break - he can do what he wants. And if that includes making up random music to make me laugh, I'm all for more breaks.**


2 comments:

Kirk and Chrissie said...

That is amazing.

christyinecuador said...

I laughed so hard when we sang this song at church the Sunday after I read your post.