Monday, March 29, 2010

Healthcare + Indiana

Having spent two years in economic development I know more about the health of this state economically than I probably want to, but I can honestly say Indiana is a lot better off than our surrounding states as far as employment, foreign investment and economic growth. Most of that is due to the hard work of people like my former boss, local mayors and of course our governor, Mitch Daniels. I see him to be a fisically responsible and aware governor, making decisions that are best for the state and keeping the budget as balanced as possible.

Living in Bloomington has really opened my eyes to how much people hate him and why such a conservative state could go for Obama in the 2008 election. It saddens me frankly.

Anyways, all that to say I wanted to post Gov. Daniels' response to the recent health care law (this statement was written when it was still a bill) to show the incredibly negative impact this law will have on the great state of Indiana.

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/52671.htm

And to all my friends out there who are supportive of the health care law and the direction President Obama is taking this country feel free to post your comments and response to this. I would be happy to hear your thoughts and be happy to agree to disagree if it need be.

No comments: