Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Knit Together

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them."
Psalm 139: 13-16

This verse resonated so powerfully with me today as we had our first glimpses of Baby B in our ultrasound. Thankfully everything looks great -- the baby is healthy and growing. We got to see him/her moving all around, hear the heartbeat and see the spine, brain, fingers, toes and just the whole sweet little baby.

I am so thankful to the Lord for the miracle that is life. It astounds me how at four or so inches the Lord has given our baby a heart that beats, a spine, kidneys, a functioning bladder and individual fingerprints. Can you just imagine God figuring out all the intricacies of putting together the first baby? It is the most unique process that no human could ever recreate in a lab with such perfection. Looking at our baby kicking around on the screen I was so full of awe at God for how he makes life. And in awe of the responsibility that he has given Rob and I to care for this precious life.

These pictures are a little small -- they looked bigger on our computer! But you get the idea. :)


Hello sweet baby b!


3 comments:

Kirk and Chrissie said...

That baby is so cute!

Lizzie Bowman said...

Kate, your baby is just the cutest already!

Erica said...

whoopie!!

i'm so sorry we didn't get to talk yesterday, we had a friend in town. hope we can catch up this weekend. miss you!