Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Rob!

Rob's birthday was yesterday and even though we have a newborn, it was really important to me to make it special for him. He always makes my birthday so special and since birthdays are really important in our family, yesterday was no exception. We have had a very stressful week, especially Rob, with all his school work, extra projects and meetings that keep him away from home. Add to that that Rob's birthday was a very stressful day with Liam, resulting in me deciding to give up dairy products for two weeks to see if that makes his little belly feel better. He has been very fussy and gassy and not like himself the past few days so I decided dairy could be the problem. He is already doing better today so we'll see if it works.

So needless to say, we needed a little celebration around here. As a gift I bought Rob Season 6 of 'Lost', which was perfect because we just finished Season 5. We are definitely hooked. I also made him some of his favorite foods -- waffles for breakfast (heck, I was already up at 6:30 feeding Liam anyways!), a harvest stew he loves for dinner and then a dessert he selected, Peanut Butter Pie with Nutella. It turned out pretty well, but apparently I have issues making runny pies...he liked how it tasted though.

Yum! Oatmeal waffles

Liam was excited to celebrate daddy's birthday too with a homemade party hat

Five candles to represent Rob's 25 years. Liam is done partying.

He even wore his confetti onesie for the party

Today we continued our birthday celebration with our first date without Liam. Rob's mom came over with her friend Cindy and watched Liam for us while we went out to lunch. He was perfect for her of course and slept the whole time. It was so nice to go out with just Rob and we had a good date together. Thanks Mimi and Cindy for coming and loving our baby!

Passed out for Mimi

3 comments:

Erica said...

My sister-in-law went soy for a while with Connor. You are a smart mama! Let us know how it goes! I'm also impressed with your date alone - well done there, too! I want to be just like you, Kate!

Ashley said...

You're really good with birthday stuff Kate, and doing those small things that make a day special, a hat, a pie, waffles, and confetti onsie. Really neat kate!

Kate said...

1) I love LOST.

2) It's time to come out of the closet and say that I read your blog :)