Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Liam's One Month Birthday

Today is Liam's one month birthday. Wow! I cannot believe how fast this past month has gone. I'm sure it only goes faster from here on out.

He didn't do much today to celebrate this milestone. It wasn't an awful day, but it wasn't our best. He was really fussy most of the afternoon and didn't sleep much during the day -- dozing here and there -- so I think that had something to do with it. He is also deciding that is way more fun to scream and pull away while nursing which is stressful to both of us. I am beginning to realize he does it mostly when he isn't hungry and I think that he still is.

But....such is life with a newborn! Every day is a new adventure. :)

"Ok seriously. Why are you making me hold this sign and take a picture?"

"Whoa mom and dad, one month is amazing!"

At one month Liam is starting to smile at us, he loves to lay on the couch or on our laps and look at the window blinds, he is starting to be awake a lot more during the day and he just discovered his pacifier, but is not very good at keeping it in his mouth. He currently hates his carseat, getting his clothes changed and going to bed.

I'm anxious to see what the next month brings!

2 comments:

Rob said...

And does he ever hate going to bed!

Karen Nof said...

Hi Kate (and Rob) - what great pictures! I was glad your dad told me about your blog so I could see your little one. I'm glad that delivery went well and your mom was there. Your dad sounded very proud when I talked to him tonight! I look forward to seeing more in the months ahead! And catching up in person with your mom sometime soon. Congratulations! Karen Nof