Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Top Ten of the Past Month

It's been a bit of a rough day today with a baby who was up half the night because he slept all evening, (and then refused to sleep this morning), a busy daddy and a cranky momma. So I thought I'd do a quick summary of our past month focusing on the good moments to cheer myself up.

10. Fall. I felt like I missed most of the beautiful parts of fall because of having Liam, but I still got in some walks on the semi-warm days and got to enjoy the change of seasons during November.

9. Poop. Dare I say I'm thankful for poop? I just did. Yes, Liam has a constipation problem that makes him fussy about every three days until he poops. I actually find myself looking forward to those poops because they make a happier baby!

8. A healthy baby. I am so thankful that God has been merciful to give us a healthy baby. He continues to grow and sometimes I think he is already growing up too fast! We weighed him on my dad's scale in PA and he is 13 healthy, chunky pounds already.


7. New baby announcements. I've had several friends tell me this month they are expecting little ones. What a joy it is to find that out from people and look forward to meeting their sweet babies.

6. Cheese. I tried a dairy free diet for two weeks to see if it helped Liam settle down when he was nursing. Wow, it gave me such an appreciation for dairy products! I really missed cheese especially. I reincorporated dairy a week or so ago and it hasn't seemed to change him so I'm back to eating dairy, thank goodness! Life is hard without cheese and chocolate.

5. Reforween. Basically Reforween is an excuse to have a party with lots of friends from church. No really, it's actually a celebration of Reformation Day when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the Whittenberg Chapel. And when you combine it with Halloween you get Reforween and you get to wear costumes and sing Reforween songs. It's loads of fun. We went as the classic question -- which came first, the chicken or the egg? Rob was the rastifarian (sp?) who asked deep questions about life. I was an egg. The chicken is self-explainable.

We ran into some nerdy friends while we were there


4. The end of the semester is closer today than it was yesterday. This is a huge thing to be thankful for! The end of the semester for Rob is always major crunch time and it's so hard for me because he works constantly. Add to it this year are lots of practices for our church's Christmas concert and....yea....let's just say December 15th can't come soon enough!

3. Baby smiles. Liam has started smiling at us a lot more and it just melts my heart. There's nothing like it. He still likes to smile at inanimate objects which is weird, but he does smile at us when we smile at him and talk to him. I love it.


2. Thanksgiving. We had a great week in PA with my family celebrating Thanksgiving. Liam did pretty well in the car and it only took us 12 hours to get there. I was so thankful to be there and finally have my dad and Ben and Heidi meet Liam. It's different doing family stuff with a baby, but we managed and lots of extra hands to hold him definitely helped.

Hanging with future Aunt Heidi

The family at Thanksgiving

Introducing Liam to Pops and the open house Pops has every Thanksgiving weekend

We couldn't resist putting Liam in one of dad's big bowls


1. New mercies every morning. Praise our great God that his mercies are new every morning! There's always tomorrow and a new day coming. And that over all is something to be very thankful for.

What's your best things from this month? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You know, I thought this before, but I see it again now, I see ur dad in liam a bit, which is fun!