Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Double Wedding Weekend

Years ago, back when Rob and I were much younger (ha!) and had more energy we attended three weddings in one weekend. One on Friday night and two on Saturday. That was a lot to juggle, but nothing like this past weekend where we participated in my brother Luke's wedding on Saturday and attended another wedding on Sunday all while trying to take care of Liam (and our sanity) along the way. I was especially thankful this weekend for my wonderful in-laws who came early on Saturday and took care of Liam the rest of the day. He was in excellent hands!

The weekend was all so fun and I wouldn't have done it any other way. I will say though that watching my baby brother become a husband and put a wedding band on his finger made me cry a little, but they were happy tears. I love Logan so much and am so thankful that they are married and she has joined our family. We wish you many happy years!

Since I was in the wedding as a bridesmaid I didn't get many pictures, but I'm anxious to see some of the photos my cousins Dave and Heidi took for them as their professional photographers. I know they got some great shots. But until I get some of those, here are just a few off my camera.

The beautiful bride Logan getting ready to meet her groom. All day I kept thinking she looked like she walked out of a magazine!

I l o v e d my mom's hair. She looked lovely all day too!

Our family. One son married, one to go on August 27th.

Our little Bedinghaus family. I loved Liam's outfit (thanks to my mom). Yellow bowtie and black Chuck sneakers = adorable.

His toy of choice - a water bottle.

I posted this photo so you can all see Logan's gorgeous birdcage veil and headpiece. So elegant.

Best in-laws ever!! (Lauren and Kayla that includes you too :)

After the wedding we took a trolley car from the church to the reception at Baker Street Train Station in downtown Fort Wayne. Here we are on our way toward the streamer tunnel outside to the trolley.

Here you can see the trolley car in the background. No one thought about how hot it would be inside, but it was fun to ride in.

Cutting the cake.

The party went late in to the night with lots of fun dance moves, but eventually we crashed in bed and got up Sunday morning to drive over to Elkhart, Indiana to attend the wedding of Audra Lehman and LT Newland. Audra is the daughter of dear friends of my parents from their college days. They are a wonderful family that we have been privileged to spend time with over the years, so it was with extra joy that we celebrated Audra and LT. The two weddings were different, but each reflected the couple beautifully. Audra and LT got married in her home church and then had a tent reception (for 350 people!) in her backyard. The weather was perfect for them and reminded me so much of the evening of our tent reception three years ago.

Wedding number #2....Liam looking a little dazed.

I didn't get many photos of the beautiful bride, but here they are about to be announced into the tent.

The wedding had a simple, vintage feel to it, complete with Jones Soda in glass bottles...

romantic candleabras, mirrors and lace for the centerpieces...

and even a chandelier hanging from the center of the tent. As the night went on the tent glowed even more.

One of my favorite photos from the whole weekend.

Their "getaway car" was this vintage '54 Packard in marine green. We thought it would make a nice backdrop for a family photo, but you really can't see the car anyways! And our family isn't quite complete because obviously Luke and Logan had already left for their honeymoon in Cancun.

Liam fell asleep in the car after a few minutes and when we got back to the hotel he didn't even stir in the bright elevator or in our room with the lights on and Rob and I talking. He was pooped. Today he slept until 9!

We loved celebrating with the brides and grooms this weekend and are already looking forward to Ben and Heidi's wedding at the end of August. Thankfully there will be just one wedding that weekend...

3 comments:

Kate said...

I feel worn out just reading this post!

Marci said...

Hey -- I can now comment! Yeah! Love your pics -- Love you!

Jan Lehman said...

Beautiful post, Kate. I agree about the pic of your parents--they look relaxed and recuperated from L & L's the night before. So glad you could join us. It truly was a magical, memorable weekend.
Love,
Jan