Monday, July 25, 2011

A Book Recommendation


A few weeks ago my friend Erica recommended this book on her blog. Since Erica and I have shared many book recommendations in the past and because I trust her judgment I put my name on the hold list at the library for Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand.

Erica was right - this book is excellent and an incredible true story. Hillenbrand spent seven years researching and writing this book and it shows. You feel like you are reading a novel, but it is a true story. I don't want to say too much to give anything away, but you will be changed by reading this book.

It was the kind of book I always wish I had on vacation, one that keeps my attention and that I really want to read. If you're heading away on vacation anytime soon this may be a good option for you.

No comments: