Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Rob!

It's a fact. We keep getting older and we keep celebrating birthdays around here. I was especially reminded of how fast a year goes yesterday when I compared these two pictures:

Baby Liam in his confetti onesie and paper hat for papa's birthday. 24 days old!

And this year. My baby is growing up so fast! As usual he didn't want to sit still. This was about picture number five.

Happy that it's papa's birthday


We had a fun day for Rob's 26th birthday. He asked for a Pumpkin Nutella cheesecake which I happily made for him, creating a huge mess along the way. It turned out perfectly though and was very tasty. Thankfully we had some friends come over in the evening to help us eat the cheesecake.

Making a mess in my kitchen.

Earlier in the day Liam and I worked on a birthday card for papa. Liam still doesn't understand crayons; he just wants to take them in and out of the box. And then, I turned my back for one second and...

...there was blue crayon on the wall. He knows how to use a crayon that way! I'm sure Magic Eraser will take it off, but I kind of like it there. Not that it is acceptable behavior to color on the walls, but it makes our house feel more lived in.

Eventually I did get Liam to color a little bit and hold still long enough to trace his hand for the card.

We had a full week so we were thankful for a visit from Rob's parents today so we could have a little date to continue the birthday celebration. It was so nice to leave home and have a relaxing lunch with Rob without Liam. He had to teach in the afternoon, so I strolled around Target and the mall by myself. I honestly didn't know what to do. It was so easy - no carseats, no looking for carts with a buckle, no bribing with Cheerios, no whining. However, I kept seeing moms with their kids and I missed my baby. I picked Rob up from school and we spent the afternoon at home with his parents.

While we were gone though, mom took 80 some pictures of Liam that I uploaded on to my computer. He had a grand time with Mimi and Boppy while we were gone.

Reading a new book with Boppy

Of course, a gift bag. Could a boy ask for a better toy?

Then they took a trip to the park


Swinging!


I love you Rob! You are a wonderful husband and papa. I hope our next year is even better than this one.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Rob looks almost the same one year later - but who is that fat pudgy baby? Oh he is getting so big!!I miss him!