Saturday, March 3, 2012

Liam's 1st Haircut

How does time pass so quickly? Not only has it been weeks since I blogged last, but it seems like only yesterday that Liam was sporting a dark baby cap of hair. Now, he's almost 17 months(!) and sporting a new big boy haircut.

Yes, it was finally time to cut off the darling baby curls at the nape of his neck and grow him up a little bit. We found a nice salon in town that gives free first haircuts to babies under two. Nice business move for them because I think I might be switching salons for my own hair...

Believe me, my heart melted a bit when Liam walked up to the chair at the salon and the hairdresser put the little cape on him. He's not my baby anymore! He did pretty well during the cut, mostly because we kept giving him cookies. Treats are crucial for times like this. The main problem was he kept getting distracted by everything around him and jerking his head right when the hairdresser was about to make a cut. She did a good job overall though in getting quick cuts in and not getting the scissors too close to his head.

I definitely think he looks more grownup and less like a baby and more like a little boy, which he is of course. He also looks much cleaner and not like he's growing a mullet anymore.

Before picture -- shaggy baby!

Getting started

Asking for more cookies of course

Working on the back

Almost finished!

New big boy haircut from the back

And with papa again at home

2 comments:

Kristal said...

He looks great. I am impressed. It is very hard to cut hair of little, curious people! And his hair seems like the type that would show every snip that was wrong. Good job!

Kristal said...

He looks great. I am impressed. It is very hard to cut hair of little, curious people! And his hair seems like the type that would show every snip that was wrong. Good job!