Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Springtime!


I usually associate March with dreary, rainy days that border on snow and spring. This March has been entirely different with several lovely days already. Yesterday was up near 70 and today is not far behind. All my tulips are up and my daffodils have buds, but no blooms yet.

Liam and I spent over two hours outside yesterday alternating between the backyard and our nearby park with friends. Unfortunately, my blog won't post the video I took of Liam playing outside in a bucket of soapy water with measuring cups, but as you can imagine, he loved it and was completely soaked from head to toe by the end. He loves water and bubbles. To dry off, we loaded up in the stroller and he dried in the sun at the park.

This was before the soapy water...still dry!

The soccer ball is also lots of fun in the backyard

Today I dressed him in a new t-shirt (currently the only one he owns that fits! Shopping anyone?) he just got from Boppy and Mimi that makes me laugh. They got it in Florida and it has a picture of a lobster saying, "I get snappy without my nappy." This shirt was printed with Liam in mind. Something about him wearing a t-shirt makes him look so much older! Maybe because for the first time in months I've seen his arms while he's wearing clothes?

Sporting his new t-shirt and bubbles that he already dumped out

Running, running!

Whatever the reason, I'm really looking forward to more t-shirt weather, especially with an older boy. I think we're going to have a blast this spring and summer being outside, playing and playing and playing.

No comments: