Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School

It is that time of year again when I take this goofy picture of Rob and we talk about how it feels like just yesterday that he was starting this grad school journey. Here we are entering year four! It is flying by. I NEVER thought I would say that when we started out...


Away he went and Liam and I adjusted at home pretty well. He didn't miss papa too much, although he did ask all day where he was and talked about papa going away on the bus. In the morning we worked on making papa a special first day of school treat. He always gets to request a first day and last day of school treat and this time it was this no-bake peanut butter pie. {Yes, he is spoiled and I'm glad to do it!} It uses nutter butter cookies for the crust and I even included a special Nutella layer on the bottom. Unlike past years where my treats have completely failed {ahem, sugar cream pie incident...} this one turned out perfectly and we enjoyed it for dessert. 

Enjoying his treat

And so the days march on and we all settle into our routines. I am feeling an abundance of free time now that our latest kids' consignment sale at church is over. I was the co-chair this past time and it was a ton of fun and a ton of work so I'm glad it's over. The days have been beautiful so we're playing outside a lot, seeing our friends, reading and just enjoying this life. We're making some adjustments -- going to bed earlier, getting up earlier, exercising more, being a little tighter with ourselves as we say goodbye to summer. I'm always thankful for this time though because our summers are so full. They are wonderful and we are very fortunate, but a home routine is just nice for everyone. Here's to what's ahead! 



No comments: