Wednesday, September 5, 2012

James + Leanna

This past weekend I had the joy of celebrating the marriage of my dear friend Leanna Kelton to her groom, James Herr. It was one of those weddings that you keep thinking about long after it's over. Not just because of the gorgeous details {there were those} or the food {hello, steak}, but because the couple glorified God in their union. Besides myself, I'm not sure if I've met two people who were so ready to get married. Ready as in they prepared well beforehand. Ready as in they knew what they are getting into. Ready as in they kept themselves pure for one another. Every moment was meaningful, gracious and beautiful. James had this huge smile all weekend and Leanna just glowed. I've been praying for many years that she would find the right man for her and this weekend was a prayer answered. I was honored to be there and get to take part as a bridesmaid. 

She was stunning! One of my favorite moments of the whole weekend was after her sisters and mom helped her put on her dress privately and then all the bridesmaids could come in and see her. I'm pretty sure I gasped because she was so beautiful! It wasn't just her dress either, although it was gorgeous, it was her countenance and the way she carried herself. What an incredible picture of the bride preparing herself for her groom, dressed in purity and love. 


Gorgeous!

It was fun to reconnect with some Taylor girls, Bekah and Casey. 

An adorable detail from the day {Pintrest I'm sure!}. One of the little ring bearers carried this down the aisle. I think Liam should do this at Lauren's wedding in June! 

All the colors were so pretty and vibrant, especially Leanna's bouquet. 

This picture makes me laugh because Leanna is definitely dancing while we were waiting. She was so relaxed all weekend which is always great to be around as a bridesmaid. 

Six of the eight bridesmaids

A little grainy, but you can't miss that grin while he watched his bride come down the aisle.

Lovely bridesmaid attire. 

This was their guestbook. I loved how different it was and how fun that will be to hang in their house. 

More details. Her mom made all the paper fans that decorated the day. 


The reception was at this huge glass greenhouse in Carmel. The Lord was merciful and held off the rain for pictures, but it did rain during the reception. It wasn't a big deal though because the whole thing was glass and no one really needed to be outside. 

Cutting the cake. This picture also shows another fun detail with the paper lanterns up above. 

So happy!

First dance as husband and wife

I still can't believe it's been four years since we were doing this! 

A lemonade bar! 

We all look a little strange in this photo, but at least I got one with the happy couple before they left.

James and Leanna, we wish you many, many years of joy together! May the Lord richly bless you. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch {err, Boppy and Mimi's house}, Liam had a wonderful weekend as well. He was "as good as gold" they told us, which is always a relief to hear when you are away from your kid. He has all kinds of fun toys that live at their house, but this time they took it up a notch and took him to a place called EnterTrainment, which I'm sure, is where all amazing trains live. Thomas was there, but there were trains to ride on, trains to play on, trains to watch, train tables, giant climbing equipment, you name it. He has not stopped talking about the "train place" since he got home. I missed him a lot, but he didn't miss us very much apparently. Although it was so sweet when we picked him up he was so happy to see us and just wanted us to snuggle him. Melt my heart. 

'All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...' 

Riding his new "Harley"

Riding the train 

Watching the trains with Boppy. I'm told that the red buttons allow you to move whichever train you want. 

They were going to go swimming Sunday morning {hence the cool shorts} but it was raining so when Mimi asked Liam what he wanted to do, he said "Go to train place." And away they went for a second time! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just now came across this jewel. Thanks for taking photos of the weekend so I could look back and smile. I love you, friend!