Friday, April 5, 2013

15 Weeks

Hi baby B! 

We finally (!) got into the doctor on Tuesday. We had to wait awhile for our insurance to go through, but it did and we were able to meet with the doctor. We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It's always such a wonderful, sweet sound. Since I'm fairly far along for a first appointment, he squeezed me in for an ultrasound on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting that, so it was a treat to see the baby moving around and to hear that all is well.

We will have another ultrasound around 20 weeks to hopefully determine the sex of the baby. BUT, for all my faithful blog readers, here's an inside tip...the ultrasound tech said it's probably a boy! She saw something very tiny sticking out if that's any indication. I've thought all along this baby is a boy so it wasn't a big surprise to me. It would be very kind of God to give us another boy as a friend for Liam and a happy member of our family. But, we will be thankful for whatever child God chooses to give us, boy or girl. I was more thankful to hear we aren't having the twins Liam was predicting! {Although, let's be real, that would have been wonderful and terrifying}.

I'm definitely feeling way better and not so hungry and tired now that I'm into the second trimester. It is good to feel more like myself again and be able to get out and do more, especially now that spring has finally decided to come to Indiana!

Excuse the awkward photo! Yikes. This is pre-makeup, pre-hair fixed this morning before Rob rushed out the door. I'm glad we finally took a photo of this pregnancy though! Poor second kid. 

This is a much better photo of all of us from Easter Sunday. We had a wonderful celebration with our church family, celebrating our risen Savior. 

So there's the update! Stay tuned for more along the way. 

2 comments:

Kirk and Chrissie said...

Ahhh!!! So excited for BAby Bedinghaus #2! I hope he (or she, if it turns out to be!) will grow up to know how much people prayed for him before he even existed! Love you, Kate!

Heather VanTimmeren said...

Hey! I'm a faithful blog reader. Thanks for the inside info! ( :