Saturday, July 18, 2009

Morning Glories

In my opinion, morning glories are some of the prettiest, friendliest flowers out there. Every morning when I walk out the front door I see them growing on their trellis and they always seem to sing out, "Good morning Kate! It's a lovely morning!" 

Due to our wet spring and cool summer the morning glories have been slow to bloom. I finally saw the first ones this week. Today though Rob was mowing when he came in to tell me there was a "morning glory fiesta" in our compost pile. This is crazy because I did not plant seeds out there, but there are more flowers blooming out there than where I actually planted seeds! The only thing I can think of is that the dead plants I pulled up last fall and deposited in the compost pile dropped their seeds and grew again this year. We certainly have the loveliest compost pile around! 

The compost pile looking quite decorated. 

The other morning glories growing on our trellis 


No comments: