Sunday, September 27, 2009

5 @ 5 (+2!) Reunion

When I was a freshman at Taylor there was a group of five upperclassmen girls who had dinner together the same day every week at 5 pm. They called themselves the "5 @ 5". Four of these girls lived on my wing so I got to know them really well and I missed them when they moved off-campus the next year and then graduated. All five have since gotten married and moved to different parts of the country, so twice a year they have a reunion where they travel to one of their houses and spend the weekend together.

A few weeks ago I received an invitation from one of the girls, Ashley, inviting me and some of my other former wingmates to a surprise baby shower in Indianapolis for another one of the girls, Sarah. I decided to attend and my friend Amy came down from Grand Rapids to join the party too. We all met in Indy yesterday and had a great time hanging out, eating Mexican food and amazing cheesecake Ashley made, celebrating Sarah, and really catching up with one another. We shared a lot of funny Taylor memories and even brought out some old photographs that produced a lot of laughs. It's so neat to have history with people and shared memories to connect with even if it has been awhile since we were all together.

Before the shower Amy & I hung out with our dear friend Jessie in Indy. She took us to her school (she's a 4th grade teacher) and to a yummy frozen yogurt place. We had a great time connecting with each other and celebrating Amy who got engaged in July. :)

Amy & I surprised Sarah by showing up at the restaurant. From left to right: Amy, Ashley, Sarah, Jannell, Linda, Kristi, and me

We all went in together and got Sarah the carseat she registered for. Here she is showing us the carseat and holding up a little winter hat her Chicago baby will definitely need!

The yummy mini cheesecakes Ashley made. Each one had its own springform pan! Very cool.

Thanks for a great time girls! I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to see you all.

No comments: