Monday, September 14, 2009

Breaking News: Herb Thief on the Loose

Today, we're here in apartment H-6 investigating a report of an alleged herb thief. The missing herbs include a small pot of basil and a small pot of cilantro allegedly taken from the back patio of Rob and Kate Bedinghaus.

"It is honestly the strangest thing," said herb owner Mrs. Bedinghaus. "I watered them yesterday morning and then this afternoon when I was taking out the recycling I noticed they were gone." Two other plants, a heavy pot of cherry tomatoes and another large colorful plant, were not disturbed.

"Of course I'm upset," said Mrs. Bedinghaus. "I was planning to use some of the basil in my dinner this evening!"

There is no evidence of who the thief could be.

"My husband suggested it was an animal, but there is no way an animal could have carried away those herbs," said Mrs. Bedinghaus. "And even if an animal could have carried them away, why would it? I am very disturbed by this incident."

Mr. & Mrs. Bedinghaus are offering a reward for the return of their herbs. If you have any information of who the alleged herb thief could be, please contact them immediately.

5 comments:

christyinecuador said...

So well written, Mrs. Bedinghaus! I hope you catch that theif! (thief?)

Lori said...

Maybe they were jealous of you winning the Talk of the Town Settlers Competition or maybe they thought they were herbs of a different variety lol...did you wipe for prints?

Jan Lehman said...

Ah, Kate, such a storyteller you are! But I know it was aggravating at the same time. I wish you lived closer--I have a ton of extra basil, along with a great pesto recipe that you guys would enjoy.
Love,
Jan Lehman

Ashley said...

Okay - I'm sorry - but I have to point out the irony here: that you posted a story about supposed "herb" theft - right at the hour of 4:20... a very common time for people to gather their "herbs" and enjoy the effects thereof... very funny:)

Amanda Seibert said...

haha, kate, you're such a good writer! thanks for the laugh. :-)