Monday, January 18, 2010

Three Things

Three things that do not make a Monday morning very happy:

1. Realizing at 5:30 this morning that I left my lunch sitting out overnight and not in the fridge where it belongs
2. My favorite necklace is all tangled and I can't fix it
3. Apparently the air conditioner at work has been broken (the air vent is right above my desk so I definitely noticed its absence) and is now fixed so I am cold again at work. Is it bad when your hands are so cold they can barely move the mouse? Yes, I think so.

And now that I've vented for a moment I will say three things that make this a good day so as to end on a high note and not a self-pity note:

1. Conor and Kerri are coming to play Settlers with us tonight
2. It is already lunch time and I have yummy white chicken chili to eat
3. And to really put things in perspective - I have breath in my lungs, food to eat, clothes to wear, a job, a man who adores me, a roof over my head and a Savior who died for me.

Ok, so things really aren't that bad after all. Glad I wrote it all down to remind myself. Maybe you needed a reminder too!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Dear Kate,

As a doctor (ha!), I prescribe two things for your case of the Mondays.

1. These. http://www.perpetualkid.com/usb-heated-gloves.aspx 'Nuff said.

2. This macaroni and cheese. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/fancy-macaroni/ Set aside your low cholesterol diet for one night, and wallow in the goodness of homemade mac and cheese.

-Linds

Erica said...

PRETTY BLOG!!!

p.s. lindsay's got it all right. i use "hot hands" and insert the packets into special glove liners that carry the heat to the tips of my fingers . . .

and also she likes PW.

so there you go.

katie & greg said...

Good work giving your blog a makeover! Thanks for your funny posts. They always make me laugh and make me say, "Man, I miss that girl!"