Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome Baby Mae!

I couldn't resist writing a post to welcome baby Mae Shalom Ritter into the world. She is the brand new daughter of my dear friend and former college roommate Ashley and her husband Noel. Mae was born early this morning after a long and difficult labor for Ashley. But she is here now and she is beautiful. She weighed 9 pounds, 7 ounces so she is right up there with my big boy!

She looks so much like Ashley! Precious baby.
(They are treating her for pneumonia so I believe that is the reason for the wires and oxygen.)

I had the great joy of being on the phone with Ashley while she was in labor for about an hour yesterday morning. It was a difficult point in her labor and I was so glad to be there to pray and cry and encourage her. I was so close to jumping in my car and driving to Chicago to be there with her. We have been through so much in our eight (!) years of friendship, but that phone call with her will be one of my enduring memories I am sure. We have always called each other "the sister of my heart" and that certainly came through over the past few days as we walked together through the good work of bringing a child into the world.

Welcome baby Mae! We cannot wait to meet you. May you always know the love of your parents, your "aunt" Kate and "uncle" Rob, your family, your friends and most of all may you come to know and love Jesus as your Savior.

2 comments:

Transition Woman said...

Wow! I'm in the hospital now, couldn't sleep, so thought id check out your blog! only to find the most encouraging post! Wow! I'm so honored that u wrote about my sweet girl! Update for anyone reading the post, baby Mae is now off oxygen and lungs are good! We go home tomorrow.

Suzie Yoder said...

I'm so happy and so proud of Ashley! Welcome baby Mae! :)