Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pennsylvania Visit

Liam and I returned from our second spring break trip to visit my parents in Pennsylvania on Saturday. It was such a good week and as always, I cried when I left. Mom cried too and one of her tears got on Liam's face so it looked like he was crying too. In actuality he was probably just trying to chew on her sweater. He really had no idea what was going on.

After getting home from Cayman we had a great weekend chilling with Rob. He took Saturday and Sunday off since he'd been working so hard and we had good family time together. Then bright and early Monday morning we were off to the airport again for two quick flights to Chicago and then Philadelphia.

{I would like here to make a shameless plug about Southwest Airlines. They are efficient and on time and hello, let's be real - free checked bags, choose your own seat, they still give snacks and best of all, family boarding. The great thing about choose your own seat is only really nice people who liked babies sat next to me.}

The week with mom and dad went so fast. We got to see two of my aunts and my uncle, my cousin Heidi, a great family I used to babysit for (hi Sansons!) and lots of mom's kids at school and her teacher friends. We always do the rounds there to show off Liam.

Liam got all dressed up in adorable clothes to go see Grammy Love at school. Mom got him a shirt with a tie printed on it that is so cute and she bought him the black chucks for Christmas. He was styling!

Mom and I also went to pilates class at her YMCA one evening and shopping another night. Both times Liam stayed home with Pops and watched basketball in the "man cave." The first night went great, the second night was a bit harder as Liam was tired and got pretty upset before we came home. Poor dad did great, but in all the world mama is best.

Liam is buds with his Pops

And with Grammy Love

Liam and mama enjoying a beautiful spring day

The whole week was relaxing for me too because it was like being in my own home, but without chores and cooking. Plus, Rob got a ton of work done while we were gone so that was good. The next few weeks are crazy for him so it is good for us to be here now to encourage and support him.

Monday it was back to the reality of our day to day life here - laundry and cleaning and cooking. I am so thankful though that we got to go on two vacations this spring and see so much of our families. Next year maybe Rob can go with us.

Thanks to all of you who prayed and encouraged us and spent time with us these past few weeks. I'm already looking forward to the next time we are all together!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Like I said, he's SO cute . . . loved the laughing video and Webster's nubby tail and your mom swinging him around and talking to Rob at the same time. Ha ha!

Royce said...

Miss you both so much! thanks for spending the week with us. We love all three of you so much!

Marci said...

We miss you already - thank you for spending the week with us!

Jan Lehman said...

What wonderful pictures, Kate. Everyone looks so happy, and Liam is one healthy, much-loved little boy!

Kate said...

So cute.