Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Snow

We got about an inch or less of snow today, so I thought it would be fun to try out Liam's new snow suit and see what he thought of snow.

As I was getting him ready, I felt like the classic mom who works so hard to bundle her kids up and then they have to go to the bathroom. Snow suits are great in theory (and in practicality I understand) but getting a squirming 15-month-old into one is not an easy task. Not only is the snow suit hard, then there is the big coat, the boots, the mittens and the hat. Liam thankfully didn't fill his diaper as soon as I got him into his ensemble, but of course he saw his cup and wanted a drink. While wearing his mittens with no thumbs or fingers. This makes it very difficult to hold a cup...

Asking for a drink while all bundled up

After getting a drink we went out into the backyard and Liam wandered around for oh, maybe a minute? Then he fell down. And got snow on his mittens. And probably got cold. And had wind in his face. And maybe his boots hurt. And that was the end of our snow time.

Still ok with this whole snow thing

No thank you. The end. You are a terrible mother for taking a picture of me in this position. Rescue me!

Here's to trying again next time!

1 comment:

Mere said...

Liam is adorable, Kate!