Saturday, January 28, 2012

Making Granola


A happy, messy granola face

Earlier this week I was faced with an early nap wakeup and a lllooonnnggg afternoon. My solution? Have Liam help me make granola. It surprisingly went very smoothly, minus some oil dumped on my kitchen rug, but the rug needed washed anyway.

I simply put the bowl down on the floor (don't worry, none of the granola we ate actually got on the floor) and had Liam help dump things in the bowl. He also was a champ at helping to stir with a big spoon. The most fun part for any kid is licking the bowl and spoon when everything is over and Liam was no exception. At first he wasn't too sure about touching the squishy granola in the bowl, but once he put the spoon in his mouth and discovered it was sweet, he was all over it. He must have carried the spoon around for half an hour after we were finished.

He wasn't as keen on the finished product -- I let it get a little too crunchy in the oven -- but he then discovered the chocolate chips I added (I know, we're very healthy around here!) and that won him over.

Getting down to the good stuff

"Hey, this stuff is good mama!"

Yum!

No comments: